The Super Bowl this weekend and as such, you can bet that on Sunday, almost all of America will be packed in their homes and sports bars across the nation.
Why is this music to my ears?
It's simple: It's because for people like me who are less enthused about Super Bowl Sunday, it means that almost all of America will be in-doors and for that reason, in many of the places that are usually packed with people, there will be NO CROWDS. That makes Super Bowl Sunday the perfect day to go do and try things you haven't gotten around to because there is usually too many people.
Since Scout is all about helping you find & discover local things to do near you (and then getting you there), today, we wanted to share with you our list of the top 10 things to do while America is inside watching the Super Bowl! Enjoy!
- Go catch a movie and enjoy the fact that you won't have to wait in line.
- Eat at a restaurant that you've wanted to go to but haven't because it's usually too busy to visit on the weekend
- Go shopping – Malls and shopping areas will be ghost towns.
- Hit the slopes – It's the perfect day to go skiing and snowboarding.
- Go to your local aquarium or zoo with your kids and love the fact that you won't have to fight crowds.
- Go take photos at local tourist areas – It's the perfect time to take great photos without people getting in the way.
- Visit wine country and go tasting.
- Check out a local museum or art show.
- Go on a hike at places that are usually too filled with other people.
- And of course… if you don't want to watch the Super Bowl, you could always just watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. No, seriously – it's a real thing.
Want to discover more things to do this Super Bowl weekend? Here is a great spot to find a bunch of local events & activities while the rest of America is watching the game.
Question: What are you planning on doing this Super Bowl weekend? Catch the game or something else?