In January at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, we launched Scout™ – a daily personal navigator designed to make discovering and driving everyday, easier than ever before.
With Scout, we want to make it simpler for you to find local things to do, whether you enjoy live music events, love activities like hiking, or are just looking for a new restaurant to try.
Unlike other navigation apps, we’ve designed Scout to be all about you. From the moment you launch the app, it provides you with information for all of your everyday, local needs – all in one place. It tells you where you are, what’s around you, your commute drive time, your favorite locations and gives you quick access to your everyday searches like coffee shops, restaurants and more.
Today, I’m happy to share with you that we have launched an upgrade to Scout that adds voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation and many other features that will greatly improve your drive time experience.
New features include:
- Automatic rerouting if you miss a turn or take a detour
- Lane Assist that lets you know which lane to be in before your next maneuver
- Audio & visual traffic alerts & rerouting
- Red-light camera alerts that notify you of red-light cameras ahead with both audio and visual alerts
- Speed trap alerts that let you know when to slow down due to upcoming speed traps
- Posted speed limits that give you your current speed limit with an indicator to show if you are speeding
The new features are part of the Scout Plus upgrade and are free for 30 days. After that, if you decide you would like to go back to using the free version of Scout, you can – no problem. You won’t be charged.
If you do decide to stick with Scout Plus, you can either purchase for the year ($9.99/year) or monthly ($2.99/month).
Lastly, regardless of which version of Scout you have, don’t forget you can sync your favorite locations, activities, and restaurants from Scout.me directly to your phone.
I’d love to invite iPhone users to check out the Scout Plus upgrade right now. Don’t forget – it’s absolutely free for 30 days.
Once you try it, let me know what you think by either leaving a review in the AppStore or posting a comment below on our blog.
iPhone Users – Download Scout here
Thanks for Scouting with us.
Chief Product Scout